This time of rest is not so much a time of rest... I'm working hard on learning my music for the scenes that we're performing the first few weeks. I've got the first two choruses well learned (not even including the Habanera chorus, which is memorized inherently), but Carmen is FULL of chorus music! It's really overwhelming, but I want to be very prepared when I arrive. We have the first week where there are just 4 of us and I assume the chorus music won't be rehearsed until the regular program starts, but as with CROT, I can't assume that I'll have ANY time once I get there. And, as I've seen at CROT, it really does reflect extremely negatively on someone as a professional. That being said, it's HARD to learn chorus music on your own!
I had a great coaching with Francesco Milioto today. I trust his opinion on good singing, and have known him and been singing for him for years, and he said I sounded good, better than I ever have before. We did some great work on the Habanera and got En vain pour eviter to sound good, emotional. And my French doesn't suck either!!!
Tomorrow's a long day of singing, and then I get to see the Marlena Malas master class, which I'm sure will be interesting. I will go through all of my arias with Tracy in the afternoon before the class. I know now that my audition success relies heavily on feeling extremely prepared, and I already feel quite good about what I'm presenting. I plan on starting with the Habanera and then I will bet $100 I will be asked to sing Mozart. So I will practice that order.
I'm not actually betting $100... ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment