I don't know if I'll continue this blog after grad seminar is over, but I'm not ready to do my "final" entry yet.
The master class for Mary Jane Johnson was very interesting. I was glad to get En vain up and on its feet... I believe it could be a good audition piece in contrast with the Habanera. She didn't have much technically to say to me... which either means that she thought I was good or boring. ;-)
Tomorrow I have to sing at my grandfather's funeral. This will be a difficult task. I will sing the Durufle Requiem "Pie Jesu", which has historically given me trouble, but it's such a gorgeous piece and I can do it well not that my technique is solid. My father is speaking, and I'm afraid that seeing his emotions will bring mine up into my throat... but I believe I can be strong for this. I want to sing well so to honor the great man that my grandfather, William L. McKechney, was. I am glad to be able to do this to help out my family, relieve a little stress, and to honor his memory in the best way I know how. I'm glad to have my brothers home, even if just for a couple of days and for a sad reason... because they make me laugh.
Rehearsal for Greek was wonderful tonight. I am so excited about this piece both dramatically and musically. I will get involved in the advertisement so lots of people come. Still a TON of musical work to do, but it's coming along...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment